There is a technology gap between business owners that see value in using technology as a tool to grow their businesses and those who do not. Those who leverage technology – be it mobile, wireless, hosted applications or online marketing will continue to boost their sales and enhance customer loyalty more than their competition.
A recent survey showed that 60% of businesses with web sites are not taking advantage of cost per click marketing. Cost per click marketing is very easy to implement and has a very low risk. If no one clicks on your advertisements you don’t pay for it. Compare the ROI of pay per click against other forms of advertising and pay per click wins hands down.
Benefits of using this channel are:
- Small initial investment. The search engines don’t charge a fee to place or run your ad. You only pay for the users that click through on the ad.
- Realistic for all businesses, regardless of size. Pay-per-Click campaigns can create a level playing field for small businesses, particularly if your campaign research results in the right keywords. With the right campaign management, your ad placement might be right above or below a larger competitor or national chain. This effectively puts you in a good competitive position without having to substantially out bid the larger advertiser.
- Immediate results. The research, set up and implementation cycle of pay-per-click campaigns can take place in just a few days, as opposed to natural search engine rankings which require weeks or months to gain desired rankings. Pay-per-click campaign results are immediate: the day your ad is placed – the clicks to your website begin!
- Real-time tracking. Metrics such as: effectiveness of keywords and phrases, per ad traffic generated, per ad conversions, and many more measurements provide campaign managers with the data to alter campaigns almost in real-time. This allows you to respond very quickly to either good or bad performing ads. And unlike a printed piece or mailer, the lag time to judging ad effectiveness is hours not days. And modifying an ad can be accomplished in minutes.
- Targeted traffic. Print and traditional media generally reach a mass audience; it is difficult to target your message. Pay-per-click campaigns utilizing geo-targeting, effective keyword research and demographic site selection allows you to target your viewing audience much more precisely. Thus, pre-qualifying your customers to a far greater degree before they ever land on your website.
- Branding. Top placement on Google, Yahoo or MSN has proven to be a very effective branding method.
Of course you want people to click and buy, but this type of advertising is much more cost effective for a small business than buying a print, TV or even radio advertisement. You instantly measure the effectiveness of your advertisement.
In the survey, sponsored by Microsoft AdCenter Surprisingly, seven in 10 small-business owners who participated revealed that they would rather try to do their own taxes than start a paid search marketing campaign.
Online advertising on one hand is easy to do – you simply go online, select your keywords, create the text of your advertisement (or now you can use video or images in some cases), select where your advertisement will run, enter your payment information and that’s about it.
The more complex part of the advertisement include:
- Measuring the results of your advertising campaign
- Optimizing your keywords
- Tweaking the text of your advertisement
- Creating and optimizing your landing page(s) – the resulting page that people see once they click on your advertisement.
Arcimedia can assist you in optimizing your ads and your website to increase your businesses sales and overall exposure.
Cost per click (CPC) advertising is not just for search engines but Facebook and other sites offer CPC advertising solutions as well.Also keep in mind LOCAL advertising. If you are a local florist, mechanic, plumber, accountant, designer – whatever – there are many local people who want your services but just need to know you are there. They are NOT using the Yellow Pages anymore. They are using their mice. Are you ready to increase your businesses sales and exposure ?